
Hallo from Germany! The Hernandez family arrived in one piece and we are finally starting to feel more settled (in our temporary housing). We have been here for a week and a half and in that time we have managed to find a home to rent, learn a little German, and take both kids to local doctors and the ER! Somethings will never change...
I wanted to start this blog as a way to let everyone know what we are doing and to see updated pictures of the kids without me having to send out emails to individuals. I can't promise that I will be good at this or that I will keep it up after a month but I will surely try. You will also have to forgive my writing style. I write just like I talk, very quickly and in scattered thoughts! But now to more important things.
Germany is really beautiful. I feel like everywhere we've been is like a picture on a postcard. Cobblestone streets, old farmhouses, parks, people on bicycles (in the dead of winter). It is really just what I imagined and more. We have not taken any trips so far but I can not wait!
I am sure that you are wondering about the whole ER and doctor experience and it is quite funny now. It started Monday morning when Easton woke up with a horrid rash all over his body. I got a hold of Greg and we made a doctor's appointment for him on base. This sounds easy enough but right now we are still without our car and a German license so our sweet sponsors (friends from Tinker) are having to drag us all over town. Raquel (sponsor) takes me and Easton up to the doctor on base (Greg is waiting) and Steven (sponsor) is watching Trey and their daughter at their home. Easton is diagnosed with Roseola (a common winter infection here). Not much can be done for him and as we are driving back Steven calls and tells Greg that Trey has stuck a yogurt covered cranberry up his nose. I wish that I could say that this was funny but lately Trey has been into everything. We drop off Easton and take Trey to the local ER because the doctor's office was closed. We arrived at the front desk and thankfully most Germans speak enough English to help us. After explaining what a cranberry was...kind of like a raisin but that was not any help either... the doctor tells us he does not have the tools to remove it. He then gives us terrible directions to an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor and assures us that he would still be open. I find this so hard to believe because most everything around here closes early. We decide to give it a shot and we end up in the office of a sweet old man who cannot understand us at all. He looks so concerned about our situation and a bit stressed, takes us back into his office, not an exam room, and somehow we get out of him that he is a lawyer. No need for him so we decide to go home and take Trey to the doctor on base. Today he had a large cranberry pulled out of his nose and I am sure it will not be the last time. Poor Easton is still looking like he has the worst sunburn of his life but I am hoping he will get better soon. He has been sleeping with Greg and I and is loving all the cuddle time!
We have had several exciting adventures but I am happy to say that things are coming along. We found a place to rent and will be moving in on March 2nd (March 1st is a Sunday and there is no working on a Sunday)! I will post pictures when we move in and give you all the scoop on German living because I think we have all had enough for one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment